Friday, December 19, 2008

Last Night

I couldn't sleep as usual and I had this big, elaborate blog all plotted out in my mind. I refused to write because I told myself if I just lay there a few more motionless minutes, I would eventually fall asleep. This worked after about an hour.

I'm a person who is at peace with being a loner. The majority of my life has been spent either alone physically or mentally. This concept is nothing new to me. However, there is nothing more lonely than lying in bed and not being able to fall asleep. Someone lying next to me, would not alleviate this problem, so I'm not looking for companionship in that sense. Actually, come to think of it, that makes matters worse. In that scenario, not only does the sense of isolation come in to play, but also the greatest sense of envy that one could ever feel. I want so badly to be asleep and peaceful, just as they are.

When I was much, much younger (child and adolescent) and I'd be in bed with someone, such as my grandmother (who I love dearly and would never intentionally hurt), she'd be trying to fall asleep and I'd do whatever I could to keep her awake. Even if it meant giving her a "wet willy," which could sound more gross than it actually is, so let me clarify what that means: lick your finger, stick it in someone's ear and wiggle it around. This is a very annoying trick that I learned from my uncle. I am forever in debt.

I'm surprised that any of my friends ever wanted me to sleep over. I guess when you're a kid, you don't plan ahead for the friend who won't let you drift off to Dreamland. They probably regretted their decision later on in the night, I'm sure.

Now, I'd like to think that a significant other would at least partially enjoy the fact that I'll do nearly ANYTHING to keep them awake. But still, at some point, even this could prove tiring.

So, anyway, back to the point I was getting at when I started this, I had a good blog planned, but I seem to have forgotten any details I had come up with. I do, however, remember a new book idea. It could be my best one yet. It's an idea that could be made into the Indie film of my dreams.

No comments: