Saturday, September 27, 2008

Weekends

I don't particularly like them, anymore. They seem like empty blocks of time that beg you to fill them with whatever energy you have remaining from a week of toil and triviality. We work hard all week for nothing and on the weekends we are suppose to relax. The quality time I have with my children is reserved for de-stressing? I find that thought distressing! But so it goes...

My kids are so incredibly loud. It's almost ear-shattering at times. For the most part I can handle it. I have somewhat of an extremely patient personality, that I'm very thankful for. Plus, I was brought up in a loud family. My mom is almost totally deaf and so was my grandpa and uncle. My grandpa's brother was deaf. I'm assuming it runs in the family, somehow, although science would probably say it is only coincidence.

Time for the cliche of the day! I used to say, "Don't sweat the small stuff." Now I realize that I should be saying, "It's the little things that kill." Two seemingly contradictory statements that can seem perfectly logical depending on where you are in life. I may be in a bad place...

No comments: