Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm Done with Bullshit

I have no time and no patience for it. My life is full of trials and tribulations and those are the things I need to focus on. Therefore, it's time overdue to cut the fat.

This may be my most blunt title, thus far. However, I'm in a blunt-ass mood, tonight, so it seems fitting enough. I don't play games with people because, frankly, I'm just not bored enough to do that, anymore. I feel pity for those who are. But not enough pity to stay involved in their fuck-for-all lifestyle. That was so last year.

Another thing that annoys me in unreliability. If you say you're going to do something, do it. Don't use some lame-ass line such as "I keep my options open," when it's clearly not the case.

That's all I have to say on that note because I basically don't want to waste anymore blog or mind space on inconsequential brain/time waste.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the bend. I don't look forward to the holidays, anymore. That is so sad. They've become more of a burden than an enjoyment. The only glimpse of joy I get is from my children's wonderment of it all. Thank God for them! I also pity those who have no children to share these times with. How empty that must feel. For a parent (and I'm only speaking for myself here) it is the time of year when all your hard work and day-to-day activities with you children pays off. They pay you back with their faces. It is truly priceless and absolute.

I'm so ready for this semester of school to end. I can't say that it has been a particularly good one. I could probably say that it has been very testing (no pun intended) at times. After the first part of this upcoming week, it'll be all downhill. Speaking of the term downhill, I've often been confused of it's usage. In one way it would seem to be a positive thing, i.e., a bicycle rolling downhill is far easier than pedaling it uphill. On the other hand, I think of down as being a bad thing, i.e., the idea of Hell. If you don't understand that last reference just listen to Merle Haggard's "Are the Good Times Really Over." Maybe that will help to clear the fog of confusion. Ol' Merle always has a way of doing that. Anyway, I'm intending it to be a good thing in regards to school being over. I tend to enjoy the start of things far more than the finish. I'll have to ponder what that means about my psyche at some other hour. I know you're looking forward to that blog!

No comments: