Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I voted early. I really wish political nominees would quit pimping themselves out via telephone. I'm really tired of the voicemails and what makes it more annoying is that with my particular voicemail system, I have to listen to the complete message before I can erase it. Most of the time it's those stupid negative ad campaigns, where they talk about how bad the other guy or gal is and how the world will most inevitably go to Hell if they are elected. What they fail to mention is that the world has already gone to Hell and there's no way to escape Satan's grip. That's of course assuming there is a Satan, which is another debatable, unanswerable, issue.

People should say how they feel. It would make things a lot simpler. Beating around the bush only makes the bush itself become beaten. The bush gets wore down and wore out. It's nonproductive. It drags out something that if approached in a more direct manner, could be simple and wonderful. People need to be honest with themselves. I have no trouble with this, to a fault of course. There's no need to be afraid of your thoughts. Embrace them and even edit them if necassary, but never hide from them. They will eventually find you. The road to Hell is not always paved with good intentions. Neither is the road to Heaven. Sometimes there are only dirt roads that are never paved at all. Sometimes there are intentions that are not intentional.

I need to rest.

No comments: