Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Theater Class

We normally do nothing seemingly productive in this class. So, I've missed a few days (for honestly good reasons) and the last class I missed we actually got an assignment. We were given a picture and asked to write about the two "characters" in the pics. I was informed by a fellow classmate that the pic I was given was of a woman kissing a goat.... I took this as the professor's either (1) Belief in my creative ability or (2) His annoyance at me missing so many classes. Now, since this particular professor does not know me from Adam (meaning that semi-literally as there is a guy named Adam in the class), I'd have to choose the latter. At any rate, being the optimistic person I am, I looked at this as a challenge to flex my creative muscle so to speak. The screenplay was only to be around 24 lines. This is what I wrote:

The Choosing of the sacrifice
Inez (AKA Mistress of misery)
I believe this is first-rate sacrificial material. Of course, in order to be perfectly sure, I must press it against my lips.
peter (aka master of malice)
Everyone speaks highly of your ability to choose beasts for our ceremonies. They say you have a special sense in such matters.
INEZ (AKA MISTRESS OF MISERY)
It is true. Since I was a child I've had the gift of feeling souls with my lips. It was this gift alone that allowed me to be initiated into The Sector to begin with. Unlike you, I didn't have to go through the usual routes. Although, I would've been good at that, too.
PETER (AKA MASTER OF MALICE)
Oh, I'm sure. The Commissioner of Coprophilia said that you had many talents.
INEZ (AKA MISTRESS OF MISERY)
Yes, but be that as it may, I'd like to stick with goat choosing for now. There will be plenty of time for other indulgences after we are bathed in its sacred blood.

We were also given a list of questions to answer about each character that would serve as a biography for them. These are their stories:

Name: Peter (AKA Master of Malice)

Age: 34

Favorite Color: Pink

Favorite Food: Sloppy Joes

Favorite Type of Music: Beethoven

Favorite Article of Clothing: Daytime: His lucky handkerchief; Nighttime: Eye Patch.

Most Embarrassing Moment: Seeing his grandmother in the bath tub.

Memory of a Family Member: Seeing his grandmother in a coffin.

Best Birthday: His 1st because he doesn’t remember it.

Worst Habit: Depends, his wife would say smoking. Cult members would say having a wife.

Something Everyone Knows About this Person: He sometimes wears socks with sandals.

Something No One Knows: What he did with the body.

An Injury: A broken nose he received from a disgruntled Chinese Checkers opponent.

Name: Inez (AKA Mistress of Misery)

Age: 24

Favorite Color: Yellow

Favorite Food: Sushi

Favorite Type of Music: Scottish Bagpipes

Favorite Article of Clothing: Depends of time of day. Daytime: Plaid Skirt; Nighttime:
Ball Gag

Most Embarrassing Moment: When her parents caught her trying to kill them.

Memory of a Family Member: Her parents’ faces when they caught her trying to kill them.

Best Birthday: This past one.

Worst Habit: Depends on who you ask. Parents: Cult membership; Cult Members: Speaking to her parents.

Something Everyone Knows About this Person: There is something unique about her.

Something No One Knows: She’s faking it.

An Injury: A dislocated jaw.


I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I will enjoy having this scene acted out by 2 of my classmates tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

2 comments:

That Baldy Fella said...

I'd go and see that play...

Medusa said...

Thank you! I've considered developing this idea more. :) If I do, I will post it.